A revolutionary productivity tool that helps you stay focused and on track. This skill is designed to help people to improve their focus and productivity by integrating the Pomodoro Technique with Alexa reminders.
Especially useful for ADHD/ADD.
Stay Focused with Focus Mate.
With Focus Mate you can set custom work and break intervals that suit your schedule and needs. This means that you can work for longer or shorter periods, depending on what you need to get done. The skill will remind you when it's time to start working, and when it's time to take a break.
The skill is powered by OpenAI (stays behind ChatGPT), which allows you to generate tasks automatically based on your goals and preferences. This makes it easy for you to stay on track and stay focused. The skill also tracks and logs your Pomodoro sessions so that you can see how much time you have spent on each task, and how much time you have left. This is a great way to stay motivated and on track, and to see how much you have accomplished over time.
Additionally, the skill allows you to integrate with Google spreadsheets. This will allow you to track, log, and save all your sessions, tasks and progress in a google sheet. This will help you to have all the data in one place and easily accessible, also you can use the data for further analysis and tracking your progress.
How To use Focus Mate
A Pomodoro consists of 25 min focused work + 5 min break
After every 4 Pomodoros take 15-30 min break
If it takes 5-7 Pomodoros per task, break it down
You can change default values for the Focused work (25 min) and a Long break (20 min) for each task. Add desired value to the 'Focus Mate' spreadsheet's columns "Focused work" and "Long break".
1. Enable Focus Mate skill and link it with your Google account.
2. On the first launch Focus Mate will create a Google spreadsheet ('Focus Mate') for you. Please don't change column order or column names.
3. Manually add tasks to the spreadsheet. For example: task name - Prepare for exam, Type - study, Estimate - 4.
The Focus Mate skill will take care of the rest: updating the Real Pomodoros, updating the task status and the date and time of completion.
* Start a Pomodoro Timer (begin new task or continue a processing task):
- Alexa, open Focus Mate
* Cancel a running Pomodoro timer:
- Alexa, ask Focus Mate to cancel pomodoro
* Complete a task:
- Alexa, ask Focus Mate to complete
* Generate tasks automatically by OpenAI (Focus Mate will use default estimates of 2 Pomodoros for each task):
- Alexa, ask Focus Mate to make a plan
- Alexa, ask Focus Mate to create a task list
- Alexa, ask Focus Mate to generate a task list
- Alexa, ask Focus Mate to make a plan for a blog post
1.Research your topic
2.Come up with a catchy title
3.Write a introduction
4.Research your sources
5.Write your main points
6.End with a conclusion
* Review your progress:
- Alexa, ask Focus Mate to check my progress for today
- Alexa, ask Focus Mate to give me a progress report for Friday
- Alexa, ask Focus Mate to tell me about my progress for last Friday
- Alexa, ask Focus Mate to give me a progress report for this week
- Alexa, ask Focus Mate to check my progress for this month
- Alexa, ask Focus Mate to tell me about my progress for November
- Alexa, ask Focus Mate to check my progress for last November
- Alexa, ask Focus Mate to give me a progress report for this year